Pure Anada Natural Cosmetics Review


Pure Anada is a Canadian natural cosmetic company that has been on my radar for the longest time. I've read so many good reviews on various blogs about this brand that I couldn't help but want to try their products. When testing out products for Nuciya I added Pure Anada to my list. They kindly sent me a generous amount of products for testing and review up on the blog.

Pressed Eye Color: 
I'm always on the hunt for pressed pigments with good ingredients. These are so rare in the green beauty world! The colors I chose are (left to right) sterling, grape, and nectar. All colors are absolutely beautiful, are silky in texture, and have excellent color pay off.

Pressed Cheek Color:
No custom palette would be complete without a bronzer and some cheek color. I picked up the bronzer in Bronzed Clove (bottom right) and some beautiful cheek color in Fresh Mandarin (top right), both colors look excellent with my skin tone.

Unfortunately for all of the pressed pigments that I received (even the cheek colors) they had a strong old crayon smell. From products that I've used in the past and have expired...this is the same smell. I contacted Pure Anada and spoke with their makeup artist, she informed me that the products have a two year shelf life once opened/used so the products should be okay. She also advised me to leave the the pressed powders out to get rid of the smell. This unfortunately did not work. I did do patch testing with these products to see if my skin would react in anyway, it fortunately did not. I can't be 100% sure if these are expired or not but I'm still skeptical. It's a shame because otherwise I think that these are great products.

Update! After some discussions with people who use Pure Anada products, it seems to be that this scent is just from the raw ingredients and is not due to expiration!  Please refer to the comments section to see what the creator of Pure Anada (Candace Grenier) had to say! Now we can use these beautiful pigments without worry!

Mascara in Black:
Thankfully the mascara was in perfect condition! This has quickly become my favorite mascara. I've been using it for over a month and it shows no signs of drying out any time soon. Most natural mascaras that I've tried in the past dry up within 4 weeks. It's curved wand, curls and lengthens your lashes. I have to do a few coats in order to get the look that I am used t, but it is easily buildable. I can see myself repurchasing this as soon as it runs out!

Lipstick in Pink Grapefruit: 
I'm always on the hunt for a good neutral lipstick that I can wear everyday. Unfortunately this one didn't make the cut for me. This was a lot darker/ more brown that I had expected and the color pay off just wasn't there. Maybe another color will suit me better!


All in all some of these products were a hit for me and others were a miss! Have you tried Pure Anada before? I am wondering if anyone has had the same experience with their pressed pigments.
Previous
Next Post »
1 Komentar
avatar

I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. Goddess Cosmetics

Balas